About this role
We are seeking a Director of Business Development and Origination for our client’s California location. You’ll be working with commercial and industrial scale waste to energy and renewable natural gas (RNG) projects. Your role is to drive our waste and energy business to new levels of growth.
Expertise is needed for this role. It is critical that you are able to explain all aspect of company services. You’ll be selling $50-100M+ projects over extended sales cycles to first-time and repeat buyers with decision-making influence. You need to have previous experience with waste conversion projects and power project origination to be successful. Knowledge of feedstock supply and revenue offtake agreements is vital.
Your natural charisma be invaluable when you pitch value-based proposals to the executives of large organizations. A major part of your duties will include introducing new products and services to potential clients. You’re constantly building and maintaining high-level relationships with key personnel in targeted accounts in key regions. Each meeting is an opportunity to expand a pipeline of sales opportunities and high quality leads.
This is not a small role to be taken lightly. You will be involved in critical decision-making activities that will shape the future of the company. This position requires you to be proactive in proposing and structuring waste conversion projects and energy transactions. Key activities of your job include developing and managing the implementation of a national development platform.
This is a high-level leadership position. You’ll be managing a project team in the development of projects from inception until the commercial operation. Your team will include the direct sales support team of Developers, Analysts and Project Managers.
- Leading the internal team through all aspects of a complex sales process to successful closing of deals and projects
- Developing partner relationships with accounts to effectively manage the entire sales and purchase process including the contract negotiation, financing, project execution and operational phases
- Collaborating with strategy and marketing groups to identify and develop new market opportunities and craft value propositions to serve target market
- Developing tactical execution plans for project development and assigned regions
Travel will be required with your position (about 25-50% of the time). Most of your travel involves going to different customer locations for meetings and presentations.
You must have at least 10 years of experience in the power generation industry. PLUS an MBA or a relevant degree in engineering, economics or business. Previous experience must include a field in one of the following: waste to energy, combined heat and power, or biogas. The bulk of your background experience needs to involve waste conversion projects and power project origination. You also qualify by having a background in renewables with an emphasis on project finance experience. Experience in infrastructure development in the power generation or fuel sector organization in a plus.
You must already have a deep network of industry contacts in the renewable energy space.
You are a leader with proven experience and a long line of success in clean energy projects. In the past you have prioritized multiple, competing interests in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to perform and interpret financial analysis and provide appropriate data and information
- Understanding of renewable natural gas markets and the associated regulatory and incentive frameworks for the industry
This isn’t a position to apply for lightly. Our client is looking for real commitment. Someone who is prepared to put in the effort and belief that will match the passion of the people already here.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB238963
- Location: San Francisco
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Energy Power Plants
- Education level: Academic Master
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Friday, December 20, 2019
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Director of Business Development - California
Confirmation sent to