About this role
We’re hiring a Business Improvement Process Specialist for our client, a Cannabis company in Hope BC, to join their team. This is a full time in house opportunity.
The candidate will be fully engaged in continuous new capital equipment projects and see the commissioning of the equipment, development of SOP’s, developing Inventory control, procuring and developing packaging and labeling, building a team to commercialize a product format. It is anticipated that the candidate will complete 2 – 4 projects per year depending on size and scope of each project.
- Develop detailed project management plans and budgets and managing and implementing plans across the organization. planning, implementing and monitoring business process changes
- Applicants should be self-motivated by setting targets for themselves and tracking KPI’s
- Ensure compliance with the Cannabis Act, Cannabis Regulations, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA), Narcotics Control Regulations (NCR), Pest Control Products Act (PCPA), Fertilizer Act, GPP/GMP, and HACCP.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and quality policies/procedures to ensure continuous compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations and GPP/GMP.
- Understand the equipment condition, performance and limitations at each process
- Develop initiatives and best practices for continuous business process improvements.
- Track and communicate status of business initiative projects to executive management.
- Assist in budget planning, resource allocation, and schedule to implement process improvements.
- Assist in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification, maintenance, etc.
- Develop and maintain business process documentations that will be used as reference for preparing test cases, training documents, etc.
- Update business processes to meet changing business needs.
- Present analyses, solutions and business cases to senior management.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team to develop business process requirements.
- Ensures the reflection of the relevant processes in the systems as ERP, CRM and other systems used by the company
- University/College Degree/Diploma OR Equivalent Professional Experience in a natural or applied science (e.g., Engineering, chemistry, biology, food/pharmaceutical sciences or a related field).
- 1-3+ years’ experience in the Legal Cannabis, Agriculture, Food, or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Knowledge, training, and significant experience in Good Production Practices (GPP) and/or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Knowledge and experience with large scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, biological pest management strategies, air-flow, and harvesting/trimming, drying, and packaging is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry/microbiology and extraction systems is considered an asset.
- Capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Previous experience working in a regulated production environment.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage time, set priorities, and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to complete Criminal Background Check
- Must be 19+ with the ability to obtain and maintain A/RPIC status, as per Health Canada's Cannabis Act or previous regulations.
- Previous Health Canada Security Clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Producer (LP) is considered as an asset.
- Six Sigma certification is considered an asset.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement