About this role
- Participate in business requirements and design review discussions, validate assumptions and make suggestions to improve and simplify the designs.
- Create, expand, plan, and execute test suites.
- Contribute to acceptance criteria and user acceptance tests to help build quality.
- Manual black box and gray box testing.
- Use SQL to verify the software behavior.
- Contribute to best practices for not only QA but also the entire SDLC.
- Over time become an expert in the domain and software-under-tests. Contribute to the triage process and discussions around business impact to help prioritize defects and bugs, help reproduce production bugs, and answer questions.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Transportation, Lease Rental, Shop management, Inventory management, Fleet management or QA experience with ERP systems.
- Experience in manual testing such as exploratory, regression, gray-box, and black-box testing.
- End user experience/ “power user” experience doing acceptance testing and desire to develop QA testing experience would be acceptable
- Critical thinking to clarify assumptions; not afraid to ask questions; excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a positive and cooperative attitude.
- 2+ years of experience in the workforce.
- Basic SQL experience
- Experience with test case management and planning tools, such as Test Management for JIRA.
- Experience testing APIs using tools such as Postman.
- Experience with security testing.
- Experience with performance testing/monitoring.
- Knowledge or experience with GIT.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Build & release management using technologies such as Hudson and Jenkins.
- Experience with test automation platforms, such as Selenium and JUnit.
- Linux experience.
- Experience with business processes modelling notation and execution, such as BPMN and BPEL.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in more than 40 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB261012
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Services
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: IT & Telecom
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Testing
- Closing date: Friday, May 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching QA Tester - Alberta
Confirmation sent to