About this role
Brunel is currently searching for an Lead Accountant for a direct hire role to join our client in The Woodlands, TX area. This role will be work remotely until further notice.
The Lead Accountant will join a new entity of the organization in a start-up effort supporting month end deliverables, financial reporting, monthly/quarterly reporting, supporting budgeting and forecasting, and supporting projects to improve accounting systems, processes, and controls.
This position will report to the Controller with opportunity for growth throughout the large organization.
- Month end close processing and reporting deliverables;
- Preparation of month end journals, including prepayments, accruals and allocations;
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register, including calculation of depreciation, journals and reconciliation of fixed assets register to general ledger;
- Preparation of monthly consolidation entries;
- Preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany reconciliation;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, including commentary and variance analysis of financial results against budget/forecast;
- Review of General Ledger account balances for accuracy (coding of expenses, intercompany charges, OPEX /CAPEX, Project Accounting, etc.);
- Quarterly, Half Year, and Year End reporting deliverables;
- Assist in annual audit, including preparation of audit file/schedules, gathering information as requested and fielding questions from the auditors;
- Oversight of accounts payable processing;
- Preparation of detailed schedules for the annual tax returns;
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget, including ongoing forecasting as required;
- Assist with preparation of accounting papers as required for management or audit purposes.
- 5 – 10 years of experience (Big 4 / public accounting highly regarded; CPA license highly regarded);
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, business or related field;
- General accounting knowledge (Cash, AP/AR, Fixed Assets, Projects, Tax, Revenue, Inventory);
- Knowledge of financial close, financial reporting, audit, and internal controls;
- Knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite implementation experience highly regarded);
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel (including forecasting/modeling experience);
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence decision making;
- Midstream experience preferred;
- Evenings and weekend work will be required as needed.
If you have a desire to build a team from the start, and love to develop processes to create efficiencies, are a problem solver and ready to take ownership of department and be a solutions provider, you are right fit for this role!
Our client offers a competitive salary along with a bonus, paid vacations, paid sick time, medical and disability benefits.
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer in the midstream oil and gas industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement