About this role
As Geotechnical Engineer, you will use principles of soil mechanics and rock mechanics to investigate subsurface conditions and materials, determine the relevant physical/mechanical and chemical properties of these materials, evaluate stability of natural slopes and man-made soil deposits, and assess risks posed by mine site conditions.
- Strong understanding of geotechnical mapping and 3D modeling;
- Assess and understand risks. Make adequate plans to mitigate and manage them;
- Maintain permeant monitoring stations including prisms and piezometers, and slope radar systems;
- Monitor current water pond levels and update storm water management plan;
- Validate highwall blast performance and recommend modifications to drill and blast crews to ensure designed capacities;
- Bachelor of Science in Mine Engineering, Geological Engineering, or Geology is required with a background in rock mechanics and blasting operations;
- Minimum 3 or more years in Mine Geology or Mine Engineering and minimum 1 year in Rock Mechanics, 3 to 10 years’ experience in open pit rock mechanics is preferred;
- Experience with MS Office and AutoCAD are required. Experience in MineSight and Vulcan are preferred;
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English;
- Require strong project management skills;
- Valid Arizona Driver License.
What we offer
With over 100 offices globally in 42 countries, we at Brunel are proud to offer this exciting career opportunity. Here at Brunel we offer extraordinary earning potential followed by a very competitive benefit package. We provide the tools for success; world-class training and advanced technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel.
Metals mining company, head quartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. They are focused on copper and have producing mines, a development project and exploration properties in the Americas.
- Vacancy number: PUB248858
- Location: United States
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Mining
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Closing date: Monday, March 2, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Geotechnical Engineer - United States
Confirmation sent to