About this role
- Prepares Project Contracting Strategies for review by the Contracts Manager.
- Develops and recommends contract strategies and contract plans to Project Managers, ensuring contract strategies consider appropriate legal, commercial, and technical approach to scope packaging, bidding, awarding, managing, and closing contracts.
- Manages the request for proposal process including:
- planning, preparing, and managing the RFP documents and process
- analyzing and evaluating commercial proposals
- managing the technical evaluation process
- negotiating commercial and legal terms
- recommending award based on overall best value
- conforming, executing, and awarding resulting contracts
- ensuring all records are managed and retained
- Administers agreements (post-award) including evaluating pre-mobilization deliverables, reconciling invoices, negotiating / resolving disputes, negotiating changes, implementing change management procedures, and closing contracts.
- Proactively provides guidance to Project Managers and project teams in regards to contract management strategies, options, and considerations throughout all stages of contracts lifecycles.
- References legal and commercial terms and relies on those terms to manage contractors, advise Project Managers and project teams, and to resolve disputes / claims.
- Implements effective change management to ensure contract modifications are properly documented and approved.
- Ensures contracts are closed out appropriately and in accordance with applicable legislation.
- On a project, reporting to the Construction Manager (solid line), oversees, monitors and reports on the EPCM in its execution of full contracting lifecycle
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to a small team of Owner’s contract administrators
- Develops for Management approval contracts management policies, procedures, and templates for the Project Development group.
- Proactively resolves issues that arise between contractors and project teams in a professional manner.
- Prepares ad hoc contract management reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Field Based Position – FIFO 14:7
- 8+ years of construction / works contracts management experience (both site and project office) in: an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC); an engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) company; or, owners project team. Experience as an owner’s team contracts representative will be given the highest regard.
- Strong understanding of project lifecycles, project procedures, project roles and responsibilities
- Strong understanding and experience with various contract types, models, strategies.
- Strong understanding of various legal and commercial terms and ability to rely on those terms.
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in multiple phases of project execution.
- Able to raise awareness of contract activities which have an impact to a project.
- Knowledge of and experience working in the industrial engineering and construction industry.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB253072
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Closing date: Monday, March 23, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Contract Administrator (FIFO) - Alberta
Confirmation sent to