About this role
- Investigate operational issues, problems and requests for support, in coordination with colleagues and other stakeholders, seeking effective solutions and takes appropriate action for resolution.
- Responds to requests for support by means of modifications to system parameters, work- arounds, reconfiguring systems, training users or escalating to systems development staff or software suppliers.
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other stakeholders are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimize delays.
- Produces logical software designs showing for example: processes, objects, data flows, inputs, stored data and outputs.
- Performs tasks associated with operations, administration and maintenance tasks for Business Applications, Database Management Systems, and related Tools & Technologies.
- Develops, interprets and executes test plans to verify correct operation of completed software.
- Defines, documents and executes small-scale projects (or sub-projects) actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
- Participates in meetings with stakeholders and assists in presenting issues and solutions.
- Ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
- 6 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge
- Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Publication: PUB261001
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Applications Analyst - Alberta
Confirmation sent to