About this role
CAD Draftsman is accountable for producing and maintaining 2D drawings (including, but not limited to: PFD, P&ID, Piping GA drawings, structural layouts, Cable tray layouts, Pipe support drawings, BOMs, 3D models and sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Engineer/ Lead Designer/Engineering Manager.
- PFD and P&ID Drafting based on Process markup drawing;
- Must be capable to prepare 2D Piping support drawing & MTO;
- Responsible for dimensional accuracy of drawings;
- Responsible for checking of all structural & piping 2D support drawing;
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials;
- Prepare 2D equipment layout, piping layout, general arrangement drawings, piping isometrics and detail drawings using Autocad;
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution office;
- Manage drawings and records to demonstrate procedural compliance with QA activities for internal reviews;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with discipline leads, department managers and clients;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similarposition.
Diploma/ ITI/ NCTVT from an accredited university or equivalent preferably Mechanical discipline; Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector; Required good knowledge of piping support type, support standard & primary / secondary supportselection;
Required good knowledge of Structural member size & shapes; Required good knowledge on structural detail drawing preparation; Capable to read Piping layout drawings;
Knowledge of welding details Design experience related to Process skids and packages for upstream/midstream projects would bepreferred;
Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD/ Microstation 2D/ Tekla; Experience using PDMS/ CADWorx would be beneficial; Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…); Display a working knowledge of industry standard drafting practices; Site & shop fabrication experience will be added advantage; Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory; Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment; Proficiency with MS Office applications; Strong work ethic and proactive drive to deliver projects within schedule; Ensure deliverables meet strict quality standards; Maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB254985
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching CAD Draftsman - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to