About this role
As Contract Engineer, you’ll be the authority on all Contract & Procurement activities on this deep water project.
During FEED, you will manage and coordinate all contracts, frame agreements (MSA) and insurance-related matters. You’ll contribute significantly to the contractual strategy for the next project phases.
You’ll liaise closely with other departments to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and procedures In tendering and execution. You’ll coordinate with package contract engineers to ensure consistency of contract implementation, reporting and application of project procedures.
Your responsibilities fall into these broad categories.
Organization of the Project’s Contracts
- Implementing contract and services referential (procedures, templates, forms…)
- Coordinating with affiliate cost and procurement teams
- Ensuring effective and smooth communication with Global Procurement at the company HQ and in particular with the Category Management network
Sourcing of Goods and Services
- Defining and implementing the contractual Plan, in coordination with Cost Control Lead
- Receiving all purchase requests, developing all documents in accordance with project contractual strategies and procedures
- Coordinating with the package teams for tendering and administration of contract execution
- Participating in the settlement of claims, disputes and/or lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance entities
- Managing Contracts and Procurement policies, strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with Applicable Law and regulations and Group policies
- Ensuring compliance and ethical rules defined by the Group for all tendering activities
- Ensuring contract requirements are aligned with the project digital implementation philosophy
This is a major capex project for the company. Throughout, you’ll be liaising and coordinating with Project Cost Control and Planning Leads to ensure smooth delivery.
t’s a big role with huge significance for this energy leader. It could be the highlight of your career.
Get in touch to find out more.
- Bachelor/Masters degree, engineering or Business
- Minimum of 15 years experience in procurement of oil and gas equipment and services (proven ability to negotiate varied and complex contracts with a wide range of contractors and vendors)
- Previous experience in similar role within large scale offshore oil and gas projects
Experience with Ariba / SAP is a benefit, and knowledge of Contract and Procurement tools essential.
On your resume, you’ll want to show experience managing call for tenders (preparation of CFT packages, evaluation of tenders, contractual and commercial negotiation, recommendation to award, etc.). You’ll have knowledge of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance, tax and JV management).
And of course you’ll be a team player: willing to help, authoritative and an expert communicator. You’ll be proactive, forward-thinking, and always safety focused.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB254328
- Location: Houston
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Master
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Saturday, April 4, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Contract Engineer - Texas
Confirmation sent to