About this role
As Drafter you’ll be supporting the design and construction of mobile Offshore Drilling Units. You’ll be designing components, checking design drawings and completing other design-drafting tasks as needed. You’ll be supporting an engineer (under the supervision of the drafting supervisor), accessing engineering documentation on the network.
You’ll be comfortable communicating at all levels of an organization, and very competent in your CAD software skills. You’ll have experience adding models and drawings to shared platforms, and able to add material masters in SAP. You’ll be modifying or revising drawings in AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
As an experienced drafter you’ll be supporting and coaching others in the team who are less-experienced.
- Specifying components, material and welding specifications etc., and completing bills of materials
- Preparing original and/or adaptations to designs, and design changes, preparing sketches and layout drawings, and details of components
- Providing technical support for fabrication and assembly
- Assisting Drafters in developing the design of products, including supporting documentation
Associate's degree (A. A.) in Computer Aided Drafting, or equivalent from College or technical school (or an equivalent combination of experience and education)
Ability to use MRP systems preferred
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Publication: PUB258747
- Location: Houston
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Monday, April 27, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Drafter - Texas
Confirmation sent to