About this role
As the Engineering Manager you will have a lead engineering role. You’ll be in charge of the engineering and development of quarter-turn valve and automation products. This includes providing engineering support for daily sales orders and new product development. You’ll be providing technical support for sales quotations and customer inquiries, and working with manufacturing to resolve production issues.
You’ll play a big role in improving and streamlining product development processes. You’ll be developing, implementing and improving design standards and development flow to maximize efficiencies for the company and for customers. You’ll organize others on set tasks and set a high standard for collaboration and communication between all departments.
In this role you will be using people management skills and technical leadership within the Engineering function. It’s a great opportunity for you to take your engineering expertise into the managerial function, in a corporate organization that supports personal growth for high performers.
- Developing technical specifications of new products with a focus on pneumatic and hydraulic valve automation and electro-hydraulic control systems
- Designing, developing, analyzing, and documenting product designs which meet the functional, cost, reliability, manufacturability and safety requirements of the product
- Acquiring and applying skills necessary to design, develop and introduce new products with the greatest possible design margins and in the shortest amount of time
- Identifying, quantifying, and implementing tools, methods, processes and equipment, which improve the quality, reliability and performance of the product
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience, GD&T, testing, design
- 6+ years of product design/engineering experience, including the use of standard mechanical engineering analysis and software (i.e. Stress/Thermal FEA and tolerance analysis) as well as material selection
- Experience with industry standard CAD and ERP systems for design and documentation
- Any solidworks experience is highly desirable
- Previous experience in Hydraulic systems/control systems design is highly desirable
Communication is a key part in your role. You will be constantly updating senior management on project needs such as plans, risks, and capabilities to deliver. You’ll be defining schedules, assigning tasks and quantifying progress against project goals and company commitments. Besides management, you will be in contact with other engineers on the project. Your expertise in the field will help sharpen the minds of others on the project. Mentoring other engineers you will help them develop their design and assist them in any questions.
- Ability to handle simultaneous tasks in a fast-track development environment.
- Ability to identify critical steps and design features, to set goals and priorities, to select and implement relevant technical standards and methods.
- Experience in design for manufacturability and assembly. Basic machining practice exposure and understanding desirable.
- Ability to correctly use standard test and measurement equipment to quantify design margins and potential interference problems
- Ability to identify, quantify and permanently resolve problems using computational and experimental methods
Take a break from the daily engineering tasks. This opportunity has a mix of roles besides the engineering aspect. Take up the challenge and apply today.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Publication: PUB241144
- Location: Cypress
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, January 4, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Engineering Lead - Texas
Confirmation sent to