About this role
- Leading the implementation team on our Indigenous Peoples Strategy
- Liaising closely with our two external corporate sponsorships.
- Bring a strategic mindset to ensuring the functional organization and business partners are leading on embedding cultural awareness and Indigenous partners into business activities and projects.
- Able to provide assurance on the business impacts on communities, both mitigating potential risks and enhancing shared value and community benefit
- Coordinate the Canadian Indigenous Peoples Strategy (CIPS) implementation team
- Provide social performance guidance, compliance and assurance to External Relations business teams
- Able to identify social impacts and propose mitigation strategies
- Learn of the social investment programs offered within the organization, and follow the due diligence requirements
- Advise on local content strategies and coordinate quarterly reporting for Canada
- Support the organization’s Indigenous entrepreneur pilot program
- Participate and advocate with industry association forums and bring the outside perspective back into the organization’s strategies and reputation plan
- Assess relevance and value of conference participation, sponsorships and speaking engagements
- Refresh the Disaster Relief Recovery Plan and provide input into the 3-year social investment strategy development
- Potential to co-facilitate Indigenous cultural awareness training (depending on skills/experience).
- Experience working with Indigenous communities
- Experience developing strategies; experience negotiating and formalizing agreements
- Able to frame social risks and opportunities
- Demonstrated experience developing communications materials (advertising, stories, case studies, issue briefs, key messages)
- Experience in building relationships with external organizations that complement community capacity-building and build reputation
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB254320
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Saturday, April 4, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching External Relations Advisor - Alberta
Confirmation sent to