About this role
The Fabrication Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with relevant Project Managers and technical authorities to ensure that the design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities are aligned with the master project schedule.
- Act as focal point of communication and coordination between internal technical experts and external contractors for the fabrication of structural elements and facility units.
- Have strong working knowledge of construction contracts, inspection procedures and construction work sequences.
- Ensure implementation of applicable HSE and Quality systems in fabrication yards.
- Review and comment EPC Contractor’s method statement, shop drawing, quality control plan, temporary work design, safety plan, etc. to ensure that the fabrication work is compliant with approved design, performance specifications and operation requirements.
- Manage and supervise the team to provide qualified supervision on quantity surveying, progress monitoring, quality control and safety monitoring throughout the whole process.
- Provide input into the project execution plan, HSSE management plan, quality management plan, interface management plan, construction execution plan and commissioning plan as well as other key project plans and procedures.
- Ensure areas of responsibility meet company, oil and gas industry as well as Canadian safety, regulatory, environmental and quality standards.
- Accountable for controlling scope of work, risk management, change management, costs and schedule as well as forecasting to deliver the project within budget and schedule for areas of responsibility.
- Provide accurate reporting in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience with LNG facilities, marine terminals and jetty installation.
- Experience with Asian fabrication yards.
- Experience in an operational LNG facility; commissioning phase for an LNG facility, offshore jetty mechanical facility and EPC Phase of a project.
- At least 15 years of direct supervisory experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive, able to balance technical decision making with commercial considerations to protect the project goals, objectives, cost and schedule.
- Team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships quickly in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, and multi-company environments.
- Post-FID: Work in contractor offices and move to site in BC, Canada at the appropriate transition time to manage the position’s areas of responsibilities
- General: Travel globally to support the project execution, as required, for meetings, workshops, audits, supplier inspections, FATs, etc.
- Willingness to undertake global business travel when required.
- Willingness to relocate to agreed location and for given timeline when required.
- Willingness to see the project through from pre-FID to project closeout.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Vacancy number: PUB252791
- Location: Squamish
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Sunday, March 22, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Fabrication Manager - British Columbia
Confirmation sent to