About this role
- Provides technical management of Telecom operations, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Schedule and supervise IT Telecom maintenance and installation work, including major configuration changes and upgrades in consultation with others where appropriate, including user representatives, facilities managers and contractors. Ensure tasks are carried out in line with service level agreements.
- Conduct investigations on system performance, security, risks, and system usage, and makes proposals for improvement.
- Ensure that operational incidents and problems are identified, recorded, monitored and resolved. Provide appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers.
- Take responsibility for all stages of the life cycle for Telecoms software/hardware communication systems, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade and migration.
- Provide technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Provide instructions to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice.
- Ensure that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of Service or Operational Level Agreements. If required, gather and record service level information.
- Conduct investigations of operational problems, provide reports and proposals for improvement, to specialists and users. Participate in reviews of Telecoms systems performance, provide advice, and assist specialists or other system or service providers to plan amendments and other improvements to Telecoms systems and operation.
- Monitor, investigate and resolve system-wide fault conditions using a wide range of innovative diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of installation and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including building and configuring infrastructure components. Ensure implementation of agreed Telecom operational changes and maintenance routines, utilizing the appropriate tools and test equipment. Ensure that procedures are followed, including those relating to safety and security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communications, Information Systems or other relevant discipline
- 8 years Networks fundamentals and Telecommunications experience ideally within the oil/gas industry
- Possess competence in accordance with global IT competency and development framework
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards and has a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and a deep understanding of own speciality(ies).
- Experienced in project and program management and IT Risk and Security.
- Proven track records of managing a portfolio of IT (Telecom) projects including complex, multiple vendor projects and services within international settings.
- Fluent in English with demonstrated verbal and written skills. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate to all levels.
- Strong ability to delegate effectively to more technical staff, whilst maintaining full management control. Demonstrated current and thorough understanding of developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists - technical or otherwise.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB261006
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Friday, May 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Lead Telecommunications Engineer - Operations - Alberta
Confirmation sent to