About this role
- Managing the manufacturing launch and all necessary preparations of ongoing NPI projects including design fabrication and qualification of test equipment, optimizing production assembly and test time, yield and quality, drafting, reviewing and approval of required technical documentation as well as finding/approval of multiple alternate sources for all applicable components.
- Design and development of new, complex wireless electronic products optimized for performance, cost, longevity, reliability and ease/quality of manufacturing and compliance.
- Prototyping and assembly/testing of new experimental electronic circuits.
- Supporting the software team with bringing-up and debugging processors and peripherals on new and existing designs, design & assembly of customer programming adapters/fixtures.
- Develop, validate and document system/hardware test plans for both low and high volume (manual and automated) manufacturing test.
- Evaluate and qualify all key and secondary circuit elements for use in new designs.
- Establish and manage the appropriate testing and certification programs to validate design functionality, compliance to specifications (EMI, temperature vibration, EMC, reliability) and agency approvals/compliance.
- Interfaces with other departments to participate in specification, design and test reviews.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in advanced mixed-signal electronic circuit design and layout
- Fluency in English, spoken and written. Bilingual English/French an asset. Spanish would be an asset.
- Experience with modern electronic product manufacturing line design and setup, including best practices and design optimization for DFM, DFT, DFSS(Six Sigma) and statistical process controls.
- Design experience with ARM based and other 8-32 bit MCU, CPU’s, SOC’s, board bring-up & in-circuit debugging.
- Skilled with use of various and specialized test instruments such as oscilloscope, VNA, spectrum analyzer, EMI receiver.
- Experience in sourcing, design, fabrication, optimization and maintenance of electronic PCBA
- Experience managing (and supervising testing for) agency approvals/compliance projects: FCC, UL, CE, PTCRB, carrier acceptance.
- Experience on reliability and qualification testing of advanced electronic systems.
- Experience in technical writing: design specifications, RFQ’s, operation/installation and user manuals for complex electronic systems.
- RF design experience, including antenna design & matching, RF circuit layout of RF IC’s modules, filters and other passive RF components
- Experienced with FMEA and root cause analysis of defective/damaged circuits and mitigation tradeoffs.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB255143
- Location: Lachine
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Thursday, April 9, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Manufacturing Engineer III - Quebec
Confirmation sent to