About this role
- Provide support and maintenance to ensure a stable and reliable 24/7/365 operation of infrastructure services and will properly meet desired business service levels.
- Responsible for technology stability/upgrades, patch management, critical patch updates, system configuration, and security programs.
- Work closely with SCADA application teams, control room operators, IS Cyber Security, project management, DBAs, and network operations staff will be required to provide a continuous uptime experience.
- Support ongoing safe, reliable and efficient operation of SCADA systems through maintenance, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, corrective action and administration of multiple SCADA infrastructures
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain computer and storage environments
- Proactively monitor and manage the environment for hardware failures, software failures, and performance problems
- Collaborate with internal operations staff across business units, IS, and third-party service providers when troubleshooting complex issues
- Develop and maintain lifecycle plans and roadmaps
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Participate in major infrastructure projects
- Provide assistance with business continuity planning and contingency exercises
- This position will require the candidate to provide 24-hour support on a rotational on-call schedule
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a technical diploma in a related discipline
- 4+ years server support experience
- Solid understanding and hands on experience supporting Windows server operating systems including 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Experience managing Active Directory
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Experience with storage technologies such as NetApp
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, support staff, vendors, and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues in complex mission critical environments
- Experience with SCADA and/or industrial control systems
- Experience in the pipeline industry
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, VBScript etc.)
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB251491
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Sunday, March 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching SCADA IT Services Analyst - Alberta
Confirmation sent to