About this role
- Responsible for proactively discovering new attacks, or attacks currently underway using advanced security monitoring techniques and advanced cyber systems/tools.
- Complex Active Monitoring & Triage - Observation, triage, correlation analysis/investigation and closure of real time of information complex security events including false positive identification.
- Data Hunting Technology Management - advanced configuration and development of high-end data hunting technologies.
- Responsible for preparing security reports and different technical documents
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience is required
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- Knowledge of compiled languages (C, C++, etc.) is a plus.
- Have a deep knowledge of current and past malware methods, attack methodologies, and TTPs (Tactics, Techniques, Procedures).
- Have an extensive knowledge of the inner workings of operating systems (Windows and Linux/Unix).
- Have a strong understanding of how different network protocols, such as the TCP/IP stack, work.
- Excellent technical writing and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Vacancy number: PUB261003
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Analyst (Threat Hunting) - Alberta
Confirmation sent to