About this role
- Investigate operational issues, problems and requests for support, in coordination with colleagues and other stakeholders, seeking effective solutions. Analyzes underlying issues and their root causes and identifies available options for resolution.
- Responds to requests for support by means of making system modifications, developing workarounds, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users, producing documentation, or escalating requests to development team or software suppliers.
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other stakeholders are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimize delays.
- Performs moderately complex software modifications independently or works with colleagues on larger or more complex software, specifies user interfaces, including inputs, reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of Business Applications, Database Management Systems, and related Tools & Technologies.
- Coordinates with colleagues and other stakeholders to specify data, data objects and information flows that align with the needs of the business.
- Defines, documents and executes medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
- Prepares and maintains realistic project schedules (showing tasks and dependencies) and quality plans and tracks all activities against them, providing regular and accurate reports as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with information security policies and standards. Assesses configurations and security procedures for adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
- 6 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge
- Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Vacancy number: PUB261002
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Applications Analyst - Alberta
Confirmation sent to