About this role
Senior E&I Designer is accountable for reviewing, producing and maintaining piping deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, 3D models and sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead E&I Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities of the Senior E&I Designer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the design and layout activities on projects under the direction of a Lead Designer;
- 3D modeling of Cable trays, Junction Boxes, Stanchions and extraction to 2D using PDMS/ CADWorx with special relevance to process skid packages;
- Preparation & Checking of all 2D design deliverables like Hook-up drawings, Loop Drawings, Block drawings, JB drawings, Cable Schedule, Drum Schedule, Conduit/Cable tray layouts, Instrument Location drawings, F&G Layouts, control room drawings;
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/Project manager;
- Read and fully understand P&ID's and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done;
- Design of MV and LV electrical systems, including both power, control and instrumentation wiring;
- Design of instrumentation and control systems and associated wiring, panels, etc;
- Independently develop detailed wiring diagrams, instrument/lighting/grounding plan drawings, electrical schematics, cable tray/conduit sizing, cable selection, PLC panel sizing;
- Review of vendor drawings including control system wiring and panel drawings all other interfaces for design deliverables;
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices;
- Manage drawings and records to demonstrate procedural compliance with QA activities for internal reviews;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with discipline leads, department managers and clients;
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Minimum of 10- 15 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position;
- Diploma in Instrumentation and/or Electrical from an accredited university or equivalent;
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector;
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD/Microstation 2D;
- Ability to demonstration 3D Modelling experience using PDMS/ CADWorx;
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements;
- Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards used in the industry (NEC, NEMA, ISO, IEC, ATEX, NORSOK, ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…);
- Experience in design of instrumentation and electrical systems as currently used in industrial facilities including electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, plan drawings, conduit and cable tray layouts, pressure, temperature, flow, density, and other instrumentation, instrument loops, PLC and DCS, etc;
- Experience with I/O detail wiring and termination;
- Knowledge of electrical equipment selection in industrial classified areas;
- Display a working knowledge of industry standard drafting practices;
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB255622
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior E&I Designer - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to