About this role
- Oversee the collection, correction, distribution and filing of incoming material required documents (i.e. MTRS, certificates, etc.).
- Ensure MRRs and OS&Ds are issued promptly and follow-up to ensure resolution as required.
- Interface with contractors to transfer free-issued materials and closely record all transactions and manage inventory.
- Identify surplus material and process its movement through the disposal and scrap process.
- Segregation and management of commissioning and start-up spare parts stock.
- Ensure critical path items are on schedule; eliminating all hazards impeding item delivery.
- Assists with Preservation / Preventative Maintenance program when required.
- Complete vendor visits and inspections when required
- Perform other duties as assigned by Material Manager.
- Comply with project and corporate policies and procedures. Adhere to and support site Responsible Care requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or Secondary School Diploma in relevant field
- 2 - 4 years’ experience
- Technical and industrial experience
- Strong communicator internally with the team and externally with suppliers and service providers, both individually and in teams to facilitate understanding of information and resolve issues
- Build and maintain relationships and networks inside and outside the materials management that are mutually beneficial
- Ability to adapt and contribute within a dynamic and highly-stressful environment
- Strong attention to detail and document completeness
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Adobe. Knowledge of SAP an asset
- Basic knowledge and experience of Buying and Materials Management
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB243712
- Location: Sarnia
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Closing date: Sunday, January 19, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Material Administrator - Ontario
Confirmation sent to