About this role
We’re hiring a Safety Advisor – Investigations Specialist for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is a one year contract with potential for extension.
- Promote Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance through active and visible participation as well as supporting project and contractor management in doing the same through coaching and advising individuals as required. This includes actively participating in safety meetings, toolbox meetings, and field inspections.
- Monitor contractor incident reporting, incident investigation and management processes to ensure all HSE related incidents are investigated and recommendations for acceptable corrective action plans are developed and implemented by contractors and client iCMT.
- Perform root cause investigations using cause mapping techniques to develop SMART recommendations for contractor action.
- Support the client’s Corporate Cause Centered Investigation team for High Potential project incident and near miss investigations.
- Support Corporate, PMO, Project and Contractor audits as part of learning and improvement processes.
- Produce HSE Alerts and Bulletins for PMO Project incidents and near hits with support from PMO HSE Communications and Engagement Specialist, and in compliance with client procedures.
- Supports development of the PMO HSE Assurance Management Plan to confirm contractor compliance with Project RC Plans, Contractor Management RC attributes, and regulatory reporting programs.
- Perform regular HSE Assurance Reviews to confirm contractors are meeting Project PMT expectations for Responsible Care Management System content and implementation.
- Participate in internal and external audits and developing, implementing, and reporting on corrective action plans for audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural or Applied Sciences or Technical Diploma.
- 5+ years’ of practical experience.
- Certification or registration in the applicable professional development program (CRSP, NCSO, CSO, NEBOSH or related certifications)
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and Code.
- Passion for Health Safety and Environment performance excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to provide feedback on performance to others.
- Demonstrated effective relationship skills and strong team player.
- Able to work independently and possesses strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven computer skills with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products and SAP would be beneficial.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in an industrial setting.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement