About this role
- Reviews executed contract for accuracy and completeness.
- Manages execution of commitments within established project governance, policies (Delegation of Authority), and supplements.
- Monitors milestone status to ensure engineering, construction, fabrication, and shipments are meeting the project schedule dates.
- Ensures that changes, claims, and disputes are satisfactorily resolved and required approvals are obtained. All are properly filed.
- Ensure change order revisions are being processed in a timely manner.
- Requires that order close out is routinely done in a timely manner.
- Assists in developing and monitoring construction plans and procedures in accordance with Procurement and project plans, procedures, and guidelines.
- Preferably with Legal background to manage claims.
- Assists in the development of contract administration procedures.
- Performs purchase order formation and other administration activities when required by workload, complexity, etc.
- Reviews “lessons learned” data base for suitable application to tasks.
- Understands the business and project goals for large or mega projects or contracts with high risk and high complexity.
- May provide mentorship and informally leads a Contract Administrator(s).
- Provides technical consulting or troubleshooting to clients and practitioners.
- Informally leads or participates in specialized projects requiring strong data analysis to improve processes and profitability.
- Works with others to clearly define project objectives from divergent sources and builds complex business cases to allow analysis of project benefits and cost.
- Carries out analysis of alternatives and leads the selection of optimum solutions to client problems.
- Ensures stakeholders understand and concur with proposed solutions/plans.
- Manage effectively contracts of high risk, high complexity and provide intensive focus on contracts of Key Performance Indicators and/or Fee at Risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have heavy negotiations experience
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office Products
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals and to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB246049
- Location: Sarnia
- Market: Industry
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Thursday, February 6, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Contract Specialist - Ontario
Confirmation sent to