About this role
The Project Engineer is responsible for design, execution and management of all the project’s deliverables. This means preparing project estimates, budget, schedules and execution plans.
You will get the most out of this role if you come with an owner mindset - keenly focused on delivering for the project, and getting the job done well.
You will collaborate extensively with the operations and engineering staff to get this capital project designed, scoped, priced and delivered on time, and on budget. You’ll develop and monitor project metrics and project data reporting.
Your focus will be on supporting development of project plans including engineering, design, procurement, fabrication and vendor mobilization. You’ll have strategic influence on the development of project objectives, policies, procedures, milestones and
performance standards. Your relationship-building skills will be essential for maintaining effective and on-going communications with engineering, procurement, EPCM and external consultants.
You will have considerable experience with managing vendors, negotiating procurement of services, equipment and materials for project critical deadlines. You’ll be delivering design documentation, equipment specifications, datasheets, scheduling and action registers with all vendors.
Under the direction of the VP Engineering, you’ll manage the budget and schedule of capital projects. You’ll be studying the project plan, reviewing bids and creating detailed specifications to complete project tasks.
For this particular project, you’ll be supporting, and sometimes leading, a diverse set of analytical and/or operational tasks of the type that arise in a start-up environment.
This role is not entirely office-based. You’ll spend time at vendor offices and onsite, so you’ll be travelling 30%+ or more of the time.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems, and recommending design modifications to improve gas upgrade process
- Reviewing P&IDs, facility layouts, design-based procurement and detailed engineering, performing risk analysis and document mitigation plans as needed
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s)
- Ensuring safety and QA/QC programs are established by all parties and maintained and conduct reviews of detailed design drawing and specifications.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering (Master’s preferred)
- 8+ years in Plant design role (required)
- 6+ years in project management roles (preferred)
You should have an interest in alternative energy and/or renewable fuel.
You'll bring expert knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures, as well as your excellent project development skills.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB255498
- Location: Chicago
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Friday, April 10, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Project Engineer - Illinois
Confirmation sent to