About this role
- Responsible for daily security operations tasks for internally-managed systems:
- Collaborate with other members of the IT/ADAMS team and follows the direction established by IT Senior Management.
- Support business functions in the definition and implementation of security controls, processes, and tools to comply with IT security policies and manage information security risks;
- Monitor daily system events, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Take proactive measures to manage all perimeter security equipment or associated components which may be interrupted or affected as a result of threats or vulnerabilities;
- Establish a strong automation SecOps culture;
- Implement and manage automated security pen testing solutions.
- Implement and manage effective SIEM dashboard based on elk stack.
- Develop documentation associated with maintenance releases and keep them updated;
- Participate in developing standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Manage the daily internal development team requests for changes to their security infrastructure and liaise where deemed necessary with Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Governance;
- Prepare changes for security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, identity access management etc.;
- Participate in new integration projects and services and prepare implementations;
- Review and interpret security alerts and provide diagnostics in the management of incidents to support end-users;
- Coordinates the handling and resolution of the IT security incidents or security breaches and reports to Lead Counsel, Privacy and Data Governance;
- Depending on the nature of the security threat, assess and develop mitigation measures to ensure that appropriate treatment is applied, and ensure that end-users are informed;
- Evaluate new security technology and emerging threats and provide recommendations to strengthen infrastructure.
- Configure, install, manage and maintain security devices and provide general information and recommendations based on security best practices;
- Providing information security training to staff, as requested or required;
- Observe security management best practices;
- Maintain up to date IT security policies and related procedures, guidelines, and other supporting documentation.
- Conduct or participate in IT security policy audits as directed;
- University or College degree in Computer Science; 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the information systems field;
- Knowledge of AWS & Azure is a must;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design;
- Experience in the implementation, daily management and troubleshooting of firewalls from multiple vendors;
- Experience in daily management and troubleshooting of intrusion detection and prevention systems (IPS);
- Experience in troubleshooting security solutions including authentication capabilities, authorization, and encryption as well as securing device access;
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Windows servers, Linux;
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls and Networking;
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, Ruby, Python);
- Understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, ITIL, SAS70 (or 5970) and/or other compliance frameworks;
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive security operational tactics;
- Knowledge of security information events management (SIEM).
- Excellent oral and written skills in one of the two official languages (English/French) and very good command of the other official language; Additional languages would be an asset;
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB253801
- Location: Montreal
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Research Facilities
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Safety
- Closing date: Monday, March 30, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching IT Operations Security Specialist - Quebec
Confirmation sent to