About this role
We’re hiring a Brewmaster/Production Manager for our client, a Canadian beverage company, located in Stellarton, NS. A relocation allowance is available for the right candidate.
- The Brewmaster’s responsibilities will include working with other team members to build a strong productive brewery and great beer. You must be able to manage the other team members in your area, build rapport with suppliers, maintain accurate records and ensure consistent quality product.
- Any experience in the brewing or distilling industry is an asset, however preference will be given to someone with 3-5 years experience brewing at a production level. The Brewmaster will also be head of production on all carbonated beverages, working closely with the Head of Production to manage a collaborative team and coordination of packaging runs.
- To be successful, Brewmasters must possess excellent communication skills; be passionate, thorough, creative, and quick on their feet. The ideal Brewmaster will have extensive knowledge about the brewing process and quality control, while always prioritizing quality, cleanliness and safety.
- Improving and creating unique craft beer recipes
- Sourcing quality ingredients
- Maintaining a clean brewery
- Testing beer and making adjustments to maintain and improve final product
- Managing Brewing Team and resources effectively
- Maintaining accurate records and inventory
- Working with other departments to manage beer grain to glass
- Strong work ethic and understanding of brewery skills, operations, and quality control processes.
- 3-5 years brewing experience, or combination of education and experience
- Understands and follows all safety standards.
- Has the physical abilities to be able to lift, move and carry grains, hoses, and equipment up to 55 pounds all while maintaining proper safety standards.
- Have the ability to move full one-half barrel kegs safely.
- Production brewing experience an asset
- Previous experience operating a canning line considered a definite asset
- Brewing related Education preferred
- Experience Distilling a major asset
- Passion for Beer and quality
- Ability to Develop quality recipes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and attentive to details
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement