About this role
We’re currently hiring a Senior Mine Engineer to join our client’s team with the aim of growing and operating a regionally significant new underground mine development in Red Lake, Ontario. The Senior Mine Engineer will support the safety culture and achievement in production targets.
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines;
- Provide senior technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of junior engineers and technicians to develop individual and team capabilities;
- Participate in the design, evaluation and support of underground mining operations (ventilation, ground control, dewatering);
- Develop and implement the long hole drilling program with Operations;
- Develop and distribute development layouts and production prints to operations in a timely manner that are consistent with engineering standards;
- Generate 12 to 18-month rolling plans based on LOM and budget production plans;
- Develop and maintain long range electrical, ventilation and construction schedules;
- Monitor and report past performance versus budget and forecast;
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and implement continuous improvement initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in mining engineering or equivalent;
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Ontario;
- Minimum 5-10 years’ previous underground mining experience;
- Ontario Underground common core module training and certification is considered an asset;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD;
- Proficiency with Deswik software (CAD, Sched, UGDB);
- Ability to work independently;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent proven team player approach to work;
- Valid driver’s license.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement